Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Excitement Mounts





Time for departure is fast approaching. I get a little more excited each day, especially when I can check another item off my to-do list. Our friend Faye, who works with Ken, sent some of her photos for me to see (a few are in this post) and that makes me even more keyed up. I have heard from several of my Step dad Henry's relatives, Aunt Shanmei and cousin Hao, with some helpful hints and suggestions of places to visit.






Every time I talk to someone who has been there, our list of things to see grows exponentially. We are hoping to fit it all in in three months! I learned last night that our apartment is very close to the "Bourbon Street of Hong Kong." Sounds like some fun times there. 




A friend described Hong Kong as New York City on steroids and we love NYC. I am looking forward to three months without a car. I know that sounds crazy to some, but that is one of the things I love about New York. The public transportation is so good that you can easily get around without one. It may also help me shed a few of those unwanted lbs.


Well, I am off to tackle my to-do list once more. Will post again once departure details are finalized. 



No comments:

Post a Comment