Tuesday, October 9, 2012

High Tea

When I first found out we were coming to Hong Kong, a friend who lived here for ten years told me that a must do is high tea at the Peninsula Hotel. He was so right with his recommendation.

The Peninsula Hotel is "old Hong Kong" and very traditionally British. It is located on the other side of the harbor in Tsim Sha Tsui. So after a relaxing ferry ride, it is a short walk to the hotel entrance.



I was invited to join my neighbor Tamara and baby Sasha along with Tamara's mother Marina and sister Justine who are visiting from Australia.


The hotel lobby is beautiful with White coated waiters and silver teapots abounding. Even the ceiling is a work of art.


Baby Sasha was enjoying the afternoon's relaxing atmosphere.


Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, our tea tray was decorated with a pink bow and all of the desserts were pink-ish. A portion of each tea service this month will also be donated to cancer research.



With my pot of Peninsula Afternoon Tea and lovely friends, it was an afternoon I hope to enjoy more often.




No comments:

Post a Comment