Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sculpture Park & Chater Garden

Once again I decided to take a walk and stumbled upon a beautiful area right in the middle of the city. I was heading to the Sculpture Park and according to the map it is located next to the original city hall. It is a short distance from our apartment and an easy downhill walk.

The old city hall is a fine example of British architecture from the colonial period. Much of the statuary area was under construction but there were a few nice examples still on display.




When I walked to the far side of City Hall, I once again discovered a gem of a park. This one is called Chater Garden and is different in that the water feature is more structured and the trees and shrubs are labeled for the education of the visitors.




Among the trees I saw were both a breadfruit tree and a jackfruit tree. The breadfruit was not bearing at this time, but the jackfruit was and to my surprise the fruit grows on the trunk rather than hanging from the branches.






Hong Kong is a never ending array of beautiful surprises and I am grateful to be able to explore so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment