Monday, May 30, 2011

World's Largest Birdpark

Inside the huge KL Park within the city is the world's largest walk-through aviary. I have no doubt that this is a true statement. I spent an hour and a half in the park and I was rushing for the last half hour and did not get to see and do everything. If you are a bird lover, then this is the place for you. The entire aviary is covered in a light netting to keep the guests inside. Within there are some areas with cages and houses, but most birds roam free and are quite comfortable around the guests. There are too many species to learn them all, but each is quite beautiful. Below I will show some of the inhabitants with a comment or two when needed.




This guy was ready for his close-up.






Lots and lots of peacocks.




And what Bird Park would be complete without a school outing.





Lots of waterfowl, but not the kind we find in Michigan.




I have been looking for someone to style my hair. Perhaps I should get his recommendation.





Feeding time.




Believe it or not, these are pigeons. They don't grow them like this in the cities back home!





Yes, each and every one of those is real (including the cute young men). The expression "light as a feather" is a misnomer. Those parrots are heavy.





Some friends I met along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment